ISO #1 – Den Haag CS
ISO: Imperceptible Sounds Observatory #1
Based on the area around Den Haag Central Station. The Netherlands
· Source 1: Bridge at Bernhardviaduct.
· Source 2: Flag poles at Bezuidenhoutseweg.
· Source 3: Electromagnetic fields at Rijnstraat.
· Source 4: Underwater at Koekamplaan.
· Source 5: Tram rail at Rijnstraat.
Technical details: Acelerometer by Brüel & Kjaer model 4514 002; High frequency schnuffler/sniffer electromagnetic field circuit by Martin Howse; Aquarian Hydrophone H2a; Zoom H4 recorder, wireless microphones emitter and transmitter
To transmite sound to the citizen I built an interface located at one of the tram stops at Den Haag Central Station who is conected with the sounds produced by the five diferent sources. The interface contain the message:”Listen to the hidden sounds of the city. Plug in and listen!!! “
The observers plug in their headphones in the interface and enter in to an interactive sound experience.